We, our and us, when used in this notice, mean QB Tax Solutions, Quillen Solutions Group, Miami Valley Advisors and The Financial Connection Agency.
This is our privacy notice for our clients. When we use the words “you” and “your” we mean the following types of clients:
All of our cunsumer clients who have a continuing relationship with us, such as:
- Tax Service
- Insurance Services
- Investment Services
- Financial, investment, or economic advisory services (for a fee)
We will tell you the sources for nonpublic personal information we collect on our clients. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We first define some terms.
Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records.
An affiliate is a company we own or control.
A nonaffiliated third party is a company that is not an affiliate of ours.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We receive personal, non-public information about clients from the following sources:
- The personal tax data organizers which clients fill out and submit to us
- Originals or copies of financial forms and documents which clients provide to us during the process of tax preparation and/or income tax planning
- Financial information provided to us by third parties at clients’ instruction
- Any other communications or documents clients provide to us throughout the tax year
- Communications from the IRS and/or state tax agencies if so authorized by clients
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates
- Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
THE CONFIDENTIALITY, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY OF YOUR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. When paper records are discarded, they are shredded to prevent disclosure of the contents.
NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION AND AFFILIATES
We may disclose nonpublic information about you. Here are the kinds of nonpublic personal information we may disclose to our affiliates:
Transaction and experience information from our account records
Information about your transactions and experience with us, such as
- Types of accounts
Federal law allows us to disclose the information listed above with our affiliates. You do not have a right to opt our of the disclosure of this information.
We do not disclose your nonpublic personal information to anyone (affiliates or nonaffiliates), except as permitted by law or as disclosed in this disclosure or by written permission by you.
Should a client become inactive, this privacy plicy will still apply to all of that client’s records.
*Special Note* We do not send our clients’ tax returns to be prepared in a developing country, where financial privacy protections may not be as strong as they are in the United States.